Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 25, 2024, 06:10:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3-year-old lost her toe due to escalator accident  (Read 2779 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2006, 07:53:41 AM »

3-year-old lost her toe due to escalator accident
By Ting Tze Siang and Pearl Forss, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 05 November 2006 1857 hrs

SINGAPORE: A 3-year-old had her right big toe and skin from her sole ripped off, after her foot got stuck in an escalator on Saturday night.

The accident took place at 8:40pm, Admiralty Place, a neighbourhood shopping centre located at Block 678 Woodlands Avenue 6.

The ambulance arrived in twenty minutes and brought her to the National University Hospital where she is still being treated.

The girl's mother said her toe was only found three hours after the accident so doctors are not able reattach it.

Her mother had asked why there were no emergency numbers displayed for escalator repair, unlike lifts.

She said if help had arrived earlier to dismantle the escalator, there could have been a better chance of saving her daughter's toe. - CNA/so

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was also happening to my daughter 7, 2 mths ago. Fortunate enough she managed to pull out. The toe skin was slight tore off. Her Croc right-side sandal was ripped off instantly.

From then on, we conclude may be is the Croc shoes no safety or could be the escalator step is too sharp.

This happened in the City Hall Shopping Centre.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 08:00:40 AM by Alaska, Reason: wrong spelling & grammar » Logged

Advertisement

singaporedad

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 08:06:06 AM »

My daughter's shoe laces were caught by the escalator 6 mths back when my wife took my daughter out to the local shopping mall. luckily a passerby man was quick witted enough to pull my daughter's shoe laces free with a swift yank.  My family and I are indebted to this kind samaritan.

Read voraciously to expand your mental horizon..
Travel widely expands your horizon exponentially!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: