Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 19, 2024, 02:33:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noise from LRT  (Read 9294 times)
Newbie Punggol

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »

I've been staying in Punggol for the past 4 months at Blk 207C. I'm very sensitive to noise and when I viewed the unit I saw the LRT track just next to the block. But the seller agent assured me that it was the reserve track where LRTs are parked when not in use.

It was only after I started staying at the unit that I realised that LRTs would pass by the reserve track at high speed late into the night until 1am. I assume they're returning to the depot. But at the same time, I also see a lot of them parked on the reserved track overnight and are still turned on, so they emit a kind of low, vibrating humming noise that is quite obvious to me at night. Also, about 3-4am, some of the LRTs parked there will rev up and start moving about.

I've not been able to sleep well because of the noise. Just wanted to ask if anyone else has the problem and if feedback had been given to SMRT.

Advertisement

cepy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 10:25:46 PM »

I've been staying in Punggol for the past 4 months at Blk 207C. I'm very sensitive to noise and when I viewed the unit I saw the LRT track just next to the block. But the seller agent assured me that it was the reserve track where LRTs are parked when not in use.

It was only after I started staying at the unit that I realised that LRTs would pass by the reserve track at high speed late into the night until 1am. I assume they're returning to the depot. But at the same time, I also see a lot of them parked on the reserved track overnight and are still turned on, so they emit a kind of low, vibrating humming noise that is quite obvious to me at night. Also, about 3-4am, some of the LRTs parked there will rev up and start moving about.

I've not been able to sleep well because of the noise. Just wanted to ask if anyone else has the problem and if feedback had been given to SMRT.

I have the same issue for the past year. Staying near Meridian LRT. High pitched sound coming from the tracks it seems at night and also in the mornings.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: