Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 23, 2024, 12:01:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny Smell  (Read 116851 times)
waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 11:25:06 AM »

Huh, are we going to conplaint to the International body, just like we did for Indon case on the jungle fire, if the smell some from Malaysia?

Thought by thought and action by action ...

Advertisement

Chilliqueen

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »

Just wrote an email feedback to MEWR(Ministry of the Environment & Water Resources)...FYI, they no longer called MOE liao..Well, hope that they will revert soon..
Actually, I am quite concern over this issue too..cos we all hav babies n young childrens here..who knows wat kind of air pollutants this is and to be prudence, it's better to feedback n let them find out wat causes it..
Thanks to H2Oseekers for highlighting...   smile
H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 06:15:33 PM »

It is apparently more prominent the higher and closer you are to the sea. At it's worse, there is an extremely strong kerosene smell. My friend staying on the 15th floor and when the smell was quite bad, his wife had sore throat, red eyes and rashes. I told him to report to the papers, but he say better not to, as he is planning to sell his flat asap because of the smell and afraid the value of the flat would drop. I am worried because my flat maybe ready in the year 2009. And having 2 kids, 12 floor high and even closer to the source, it is not going to be good. We chose Punggol because we thought the air was good, because of the closeness to Sea (aka like East Coast). But never knew we were at the mercy of Senoko chimnery, Malaysia Side Forever smoking chimnery and a shipyard.

Thanks Chilliqueen for cueing MEWR. Do post their findings online if possible.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:21:11 PM by H2OSeekers » Logged
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 07:03:30 PM »

The government is trying to cover up this pollution problem. Because they are putting such high hopes on the Punggol development. They do not want in the end Punggol will be like Jurong West Extension flats.

This is a serious pollution problem. I think stay in D09, 10, 11 no such problem. No wonder property price is so expensive.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: