Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 19, 2024, 11:55:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (caution) con-woman alert...!  (Read 42617 times)
janicemgoh

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:53:46 AM »

thanks for sharing

Advertisement

Winner5796

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »

hi Satinebutterfly,
*My neighbour (antie 50+ at block 175) facing the same problem. She also pass this indian women $50.  This indian lady stay the 2 room flat behide the church.

*My friend mother (block 175c) also kena by this indian women.
pinkdolphin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 10:26:04 AM »

thanks for sharing...
need to take note.
Punggol21

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 12:21:53 AM »

I encountered the same situation too - an Indian lady pushing abt a yr old child in stroller few months back at abt 6pm right at my doorstep (Blk 17+).

She claimed to be staying 2 floors above me, another child waiting for her downstair & she needed to borrow $30 from me to get a tin of milk powder for child as she had ran out of milk powder for her child since her husband is working OT till abt 9pm for that day.  Once her husband's back from work, she would return the $ to me immediately.

I felt very uneasy abt lending her the $ since I have never seen her before, I asked her what brand of milk she intended to get (thinking in my heart if it's the same as my kids', I would offer her the milk instead).  The brand turned out to be different  so I actually asked her to show me her ID or proof to show her address is indeed what she claimed.  Very calmly, she told me she left her ID at home & requested me to follow her to her home instead to get the proof.  I didn't & asked her to bring her ID back to me before I lend her the $.  She said ok and while walking away, she turned & looked at me saying 'I'll be right back!'.  I told her 'Fine!'.

Thank God I trusted my instinct as I wondered why would a mother waited till the very last moment then want to get milk powder for her child since it's his/her staple food?  If one really really really needed to get milk powder urgently and don't have any $ with her, won't you borrow as little as possible and get the smallest tin available, especially she is to borrow from a stranger?  $30 all for a tin of Friso??  Why would a mother leave her other kid loitering by him/herself downstair while she hunted for the $$?  Wouldn't the kid need to be fed too?  It is neither here nor there, all juz doesn't add up the sum!

Abt 2 wks later, I met the Indian family staying 2 floors above in the lift and brought up the matter to them as I felt it's not right for someone else to claim to be staying there & going around borrowing $.  My neighbor told me she actually got CON by her before.  She met the con-woman at Compass Pt one day with another woman & she confronted her.  The con-woman actually has the cheek to turn around & yelled at her, saying that she's creating a scene & she's not afraid of going to the police station with her since she's their REGULAR!   Roll Eyes The con-woman's fren juz apologized and pulled her away thereafter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: