Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 29, 2024, 01:05:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some useful information / contacts for pungollians living with elderly.  (Read 115864 times)
rusher

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 12:32:03 PM »

I wish I can fetch my in-laws to my place to stay but my house is really small. No room for them. The last time wehn my mother-in-law was sick and we fetched my in-laws back here so I can better look after them, my father-in-law complained that my place too small and he's very uncomfortable. So when my mu MIL recovered, he was grinning from ear to ear and can't wait to go back home. I really think the government is talking rots when they say must look after the elderly and stay with them. How to when HDB flats are only getting smaller. mad
u belives in what they say, they even forgot what they had siad
 mad mad mad

are u in the Rush!!!

Advertisement

cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 03:22:26 AM »

u belives in what they say, they even forgot what they had siad
 mad mad mad

Sometimes I become 'sheepgaporean'. Really meek and believing. Very  clapping when you say that they even forgot what they said. Typical of management right? What more government?

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
tom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 05:13:04 AM »

In the olden days.....probably 60's or 70's our parents used to stay in big kampong houses, where the kitchen itself was as big as our 4 room flats.

The older generations called HDB flats as pigeon holes. It's a pity, it's getting smaller and smaller. The elderly especially those age 70 and above may find it miserable to stay inside the flat. Thats why they feel happier gathering on the void decks or coffee-shops for chit chats. If they are sick, of course it's worse. Roll Eyes

The working adults in Punggol North may be plus/minus 30 0r 35.....? In 20/25 years time , these group will retire and become elderly. Time flies........and only recently, the authorities begins to wake up and went to Japan and elsewhere to study how to tackle the problem.  Smiley is it late ? If it is, they had to speed up multifold to look into ways to cater for them.

pgcentral

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »

Although Punggol North residents were relatively young, in most afternoons we still can see elderly people gathered on the void decks.

Last Sunday after grocery rounds, I happen to walk past 176 function hall. It was crowded, people were singing, a TCM van was parked outside. Inside the hall, MP Penny with grassroot leaders were at a gathering for the elderly. In fact it was a Senior Citizen with TCM Gathering conducted by the Punggol 21 CC.

I stood there for a while and listen to a speech by MP Penny. She specifically mention, when she was in China visiting, she came across old people in parks, singing, dancing, exercising happily in most afternoons. She hope to see similar gatherings in Punggol North so that our residents, not only elderly,  can interact, live happily,  and know each other well.

Personally, I feel our elderly should join the Punggol North Senior Citizen Club. There are outings, excursions and many other related activities. It's chair person is compassionate and very friendly towards elderly. She was also involved with giving free TCM to elderly people and also with charity. At this typical event,  medical consultation, medicine and accuputure was administered free for those needly patients present.  thumbs up 

really glad to see her so often in punggol...

l]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: