Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 25, 2024, 03:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neglected Old Folks  (Read 10940 times)
sunshineliv

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 11:05:58 AM »

yeng: thats exactly what I m saying! There is already the lack of activities organised for the elderly here and to make things worse, they want to build an old folks'.nursing home.  Are they trying to say that the elderly should go there instead?  Huh? Roll Eyes How does that work out??

Advertisement

jlim

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »

My MIL came to stay over once, just for 2 days, she don't know what to do here. Back in Hougang, where she lived, the RCs (workers' party) organised day trip frequently. or else she and the neighbours will go for morning walk/swim/breakfast. and in the evening, they will chit chat under the voiddeck or during the weekly WP's meet the pp session, they will packet food/drinks and chat with Mr Low. there's the kampung lifestyle.
My own mother who visit/stay over the wkend also had got nothing better to do.
Always see a few regular old folks sitting / walking ard the estate during the day. nothing to occupy them, quite sad. Sad
rxhxn

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 07:02:27 PM »

hmmm...that's sad...maybe...they would prefer mature estates where the facilities are more convenient and easily adapted
aimnfire

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 10:24:54 PM »

hmmm
if old folks were really taken care off by the top people

we wont find them behind the fast food counter, filling up other people car or looking after the loo

buts thats reality folks
once your usefullness is up
you will be discard Sad
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: