Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 23, 2024, 03:12:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neglected Old Folks  (Read 10921 times)
BingBong

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2006, 10:13:48 AM »

16th July 2006, was Punggol North Racial Harmony Day and it was well organised where the young were engaged in the street parade and the middle age performing on the carnival stage.

But sadly to highlight that the elderly was once again left in the dry shelves - where no activties was organised for them. Racial Harmony means for all religion races and for all ages but older residents in our town is always discarded whenever an event was organised.

I was talking to a group of senior citizens at the event yesterday and they were very happy when they came to know that the VIP is coming to launch the seniors citizens fittness corner. They waited for 2 hrs and they were left dissapointed when the VIP did not turn up at all.

They have also commented that Punggol is not the place for them to live in and it is a very boring kampong to enjoy the rest of their lifes. Sad isnt it?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:19:04 AM by BingBong » Logged

Advertisement

jo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 10:23:35 AM »

thats very sad to hear... Cry the old folks must have been very disappointed
sunshineliv

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »

Thats awful  Angry Someone should write to the papers man.  Can you imagine they are going to build a nursing home here?

No activities for elderly and yet a nursing home nearby? What kind of message are we sending to the elderly who has done so much for the nation  Shocked
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:36:44 AM by sunshineliv » Logged
yeng

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 10:40:45 AM »

errmm, I dun think the management of a nursing home will allow their residents to roam about outside of the home. There'll be too much manpower involved for them to do that.

In reply to the first post, could these "neglected old folks" be encouraged to join one of those morning exercise groups in the neighbourhood? My MIL belongs to one of the qigong groups, and they're often requested to perform qigong and line dance for Punggol community events. They also often attend group outings organised by the RC; I think my MIL's life has been pretty enriched this way. Well, at least she's more active than when we moved here.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: