Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
March 28, 2024, 06:33:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Punggol Cluster ; Elite & Dirty  (Read 16249 times)
Confuz

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »

Well, after 40 years of nation building, the top leaders are still concerned about wealth and job creation. On the social front, they are not so willing to invest in it. So will the society progress?? clapping

answer
a big NO

they dont care if our ethic is so bad
as long we generate their income

Which is why if I am a parent in Spore, I am worrried about the character of my children. I am still considering if my children should grow up in Singapore. 

I worry too..  
At the end of the day it depends on the values & teachings that we, parents do for the children.  
Children are the mirror of their parents.  It has to begin from home.  
Success starts at home!   thumbs up

True! Success starts at home..
But demolition starts outside...
So kids spend more time at home or outside?
Are we very sure they are taught with very good and valuable virtures out there?
Think again... it's worrying...

Advertisement

alfa_juliet

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 04:44:03 AM »

well everyone i still do agree with ur points..
that's when angmohs parenting skills do come in. 

u know like we, asians, most of the time we act like 'we, ur parents, U our children' n 'i talk, u listen' attitude.
angmohs ways more like friend friend, easier to communicate at minimum barriers.

i think the preschoolers & primary school age are the time we teach & mould them based on how you want your child to be.

difficult part are usually during the preteens & beyond, or maybe not.  it depends on how influential a child is.  if say, you thought the children & they follow, adapt & use ur values n teachings.  may be minimal problem.

yes, external environment like friends etc comes in the picture.  then it boils to the child's individualistic minds.  a friend can dare the child to do something bad, but with the parents' teachings & family values that comes into his strong character, he may not do cos the 'spirit of the parents' teachings & family values' guide him along.

another added value is to have one of the parent to stay at home.  not just taking care & guiding but to be the children's friend.  for them, coming back to an empty home can be quite emotional.  i mean, this is idealistic lar.. but in singapore may not be possible.  everytime after election increase gst how not to earn, right?

once, i asked my mom how parenting was for her.  she said it's like flying kite and managing its string. 

ps: i'm not trying to act smart hor.  not implying that i am a good mother.  i'm just sharing my thoughts ah... life is abt learning and i'm still learning to be a good parent, mother & friend to my children *peace*

Americano

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 05:18:43 AM »

well everyone i still do agree with ur points..
that's when angmohs parenting skills do come in. 

u know like we, asians, most of the time we act like 'we, ur parents, U our children' n 'i talk, u listen' attitude.
angmohs ways more like friend friend, easier to communicate at minimum barriers.

i think the preschoolers & primary school age are the time we teach & mould them based on how you want your child to be.

difficult part are usually during the preteens & beyond, or maybe not.  it depends on how influential a child is.  if say, you thought the children & they follow, adapt & use ur values n teachings.  may be minimal problem.

yes, external environment like friends etc comes in the picture.  then it boils to the child's individualistic minds.  a friend can dare the child to do something bad, but with the parents' teachings & family values that comes into his strong character, he may not do cos the 'spirit of the parents' teachings & family values' guide him along.

another added value is to have one of the parent to stay at home.  not just taking care & guiding but to be the children's friend.  for them, coming back to an empty home can be quite emotional.  i mean, this is idealistic lar.. but in singapore may not be possible.  everytime after election increase gst how not to earn, right?

once, i asked my mom how parenting was for her.  she said it's like flying kite and managing its string. 

ps: i'm not trying to act smart hor.  not implying that i am a good mother.  i'm just sharing my thoughts ah... life is abt learning and i'm still learning to be a good parent, mother & friend to my children *peace*

Agree. Definitely parenting is one of the skills that we have to learn by experience. As my gf is a teacher, its quite common for parents to see teachers as surrogate parents, which is quite sad.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: