Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 18, 2024, 06:31:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Construction, precast vs insitu Re: First Executive Condo ( EC ) in Punggol Central.  (Read 17078 times)
xenobaka

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

Aiya again,,no need to warn the HDB flats pple  lah...since they r still owning the flats unlike private..they will co-pay..it is those private who suffer... head banging

the method is not sophisticated...only advanced and $$$,,,and mainly used  for med-high end private condo.. thumbs up they purchase special moulds to make walls at site...instead of using precast panels..so with less joints ,,means less "raining" into  your unit  ..... clapping...

If your "advanced" method only means in-situ casting, then it's NOT advanced at all. For as long as I'm in the construction industry, I've never heard of in-situ casting being superior to precast.

Fact 1: Precast is more costly than in-situ casting.
Fact 2: Precast construction speeds up the project cycle substantially, as you can see by Prive. You pay more, but you save time (1 year time saving = 1/80 of your life, 1/2 a year time saving = 1/160 of your life).
Fact 3: Precast leads to an overall better quality of RC. Since precast pieces are made in a factory, there is a higher quality control leading to more uniform dimensions and concrete density.
Fact 4: Yes, IF grouting is not done properly, water seepage can be a problem. But given how advanced it is now, this is NOT an issue with modern grouting techniques.

I am glad that Prive is using precast rather than in-situ.

If you have a problem with that, then run back to where you came from.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:55:06 PM by xenobaka » Logged

Advertisement

chblsl

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »

Aiya again,,no need to warn the HDB flats pple  lah...since they r still owning the flats unlike private..they will co-pay..it is those private who suffer... head banging

the method is not sophisticated...only advanced and $$$,,,and mainly used  for med-high end private condo.. thumbs up they purchase special moulds to make walls at site...instead of using precast panels..so with less joints ,,means less "raining" into  your unit  ..... clapping...

If your "advanced" method only means in-situ casting, then it's NOT advanced at all. For as long as I'm in the construction industry, I've never heard of in-situ casting being superior to precast.

Fact 1: Precast is more costly than in-situ casting.
Fact 2: Precast construction speeds up the project cycle substantially, as you can see by Prive. You pay more, but you save time (1 year time saving = 1/80 of your life, 1/2 a year time saving = 1/160 of your life).
Fact 3: Precast leads to an overall better quality of RC. Since precast pieces are made in a factory, there is a higher quality control leading to more uniform dimensions and concrete density.
Fact 4: Yes, IF grouting is not done properly, water seepage can be a problem. But given how advanced it is now, this is NOT an issue with modern grouting techniques.

I am glad that Prive is using precast rather than in-situ.

If you have a problem with that, then run back to where you came from.
  Execellent Xenobaka
tigerhead

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 12:47:19 AM »

Relax lah !!....so agitated for what,,,,never heard that old saying.,,,"medicine is always bitter"
 clapping

Fact 1: Precast is more costly than in-situ casting. (Incorrect!....not for the new tech, given the special customised moulding which costs XXXX more than any std precast lego pieces, ) clapping

Fact 2: Precast construction speeds up the project cycle substantially, as you can see by Prive. You pay more, but you save time (1 year time saving = 1/80 of your life, 1/2 a year time saving = 1/160 of your life). (speed is not the essence ,,,quality is also impt...china makes car in 1day but BMW makes new car in 1 year...who's better?, also completing the ec is not the end,,,maintaining is also a headache if not built properly!! ) waving

Fact 3: Precast leads to an overall better quality of RC. Since precast pieces are made in a factory, there is a higher quality control leading to more uniform dimensions and concrete density. (Incorrect - precast joints are plentiful until u faint !!!, using new tech cuts down on joints as the entire housing unit is moulded as ONE SINGLE piece...the setup may be slow intially but will pick up much faster and exceed precast method at higher floors ] stick tongue

Fact 4: Yes, IF grouting is not done properly, water seepage can be a problem. But given how advanced it is now, this is NOT an issue with modern grouting techniques. { yes.. grouting can improved,,but there are over 10,000 joiints..in 1 block...who's check???... u check???..from the past pics..the joints/lines are everywhere,,,almost every  unit piece is a precast..so sad and out-dated.] stick tongue

whether i am any ec owner is not the issue here,,,,,value-for-money is the gist of discussion...i am not for any attacks/flaming,,,just facts and results.....u pay high price for genuine Heineken beer but actually get Qingdao beer inside Heineken bottle.......

And also...i choose to write and comment. ....to make pple more aware of what consumer  pays and gets what's worth in return....

xenobaka

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »

Relax lah !!....so agitated for what,,,,never heard that old saying.,,,"medicine is always bitter"
 clapping

Fact 1: Precast is more costly than in-situ casting. (Incorrect!....not for the new tech, given the special customised moulding which costs XXXX more than any std precast lego pieces, ) clapping

Fact 2: Precast construction speeds up the project cycle substantially, as you can see by Prive. You pay more, but you save time (1 year time saving = 1/80 of your life, 1/2 a year time saving = 1/160 of your life). (speed is not the essence ,,,quality is also impt...china makes car in 1day but BMW makes new car in 1 year...who's better?, also completing the ec is not the end,,,maintaining is also a headache if not built properly!! ) waving

Fact 3: Precast leads to an overall better quality of RC. Since precast pieces are made in a factory, there is a higher quality control leading to more uniform dimensions and concrete density. (Incorrect - precast joints are plentiful until u faint !!!, using new tech cuts down on joints as the entire housing unit is moulded as ONE SINGLE piece...the setup may be slow intially but will pick up much faster and exceed precast method at higher floors ] stick tongue

Fact 4: Yes, IF grouting is not done properly, water seepage can be a problem. But given how advanced it is now, this is NOT an issue with modern grouting techniques. { yes.. grouting can improved,,but there are over 10,000 joiints..in 1 block...who's check???... u check???..from the past pics..the joints/lines are everywhere,,,almost every  unit piece is a precast..so sad and out-dated.] stick tongue

whether i am any ec owner is not the issue here,,,,,value-for-money is the gist of discussion...i am not for any attacks/flaming,,,just facts and results.....u pay high price for genuine Heineken beer but actually get Qingdao beer inside Heineken bottle.......

And also...i choose to write and comment. ....to make pple more aware of what consumer  pays and gets what's worth in return....

Medicine is bitter, but coming from you, it's like believing a prescription written by an unlicensed medical school dropout.

All that you said, and have said countless times, is, "ooh one big piece, minimum joints, good good". In-situ casting have always used molds, be it old or "new" technology. The new tech might make it faster, but by no means better. Agree to disagree and leave it at that. If I were you, I would be more worried about Esparina lift shaft RC drying properly during the monsoon season, rather than trying to rain down on other people's parade.

Value for money is highly subjective. For one who rents, having the EC delivered to him earlier easily means $30k savings/year.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: